Framing a football shirt is a great way to display and protect a prized jersey. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by gathering the materials you’ll need:
- A football shirt
- A frame that is slightly larger than the shirt (make sure the frame has a backing board and glass)
- A mount board that is slightly larger than the shirt
- Mounting squares or acid-free tape
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- A ruler or measuring tape
- Lay out your shirt on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Cut the mount board to the same size as the shirt. You can use scissors or a paper cutter for this.
- Place the mount board on top of the shirt and use the mounting squares or acid-free tape to attach the shirt to the board. Make sure the shirt is centered on the board and that there is an even border all the way around.
- Place the backing board into the frame and then place the shirt and mount board on top of the backing board. Make sure the shirt is centered in the frame and that there are no gaps around the edges.
- Secure the frame by attaching the backing board to the frame using the clips or tabs provided.
- Once the frame is secure, you can hang it on the wall using the hanging hardware provided or place it on a shelf or mantle.
- Make sure to use acid-free materials to prevent the shirt from yellowing or degrading over time.
- If you want to add an extra level of protection, you can use a UV-protective glass. This will help prevent fading or discoloration caused by sunlight.
- Consider using a frame with a deep rebate (the space between the glass and the backing board) to allow for more ventilation and to reduce the risk of mold or mildew.
- Don’t hang your framed shirt in direct sunlight or in a damp area as this can cause damage.
By following these steps, you can create a professional-looking display for your football shirt that will protect it for years to come. Custom picture framers near me.